Friday, August 17, 2012

28

Another trip around the sun, another year of blessings. On Monday I was able to celebrate what I think should be a national holiday, my birthday! Often I deem it Birthday Month with Nic, so here are some of the fantastic celebratory things I've done.

BC '12
Our 4th annual Booze Cruise was at Saylorville Lake this year. Our pontoon was in rough shape and we almost filled her with water once but overall the day was a success, that is until the winds rolled in and we struggled for an hour to get back to the dock! Here Nic and I are "poppin' bottles" except it was a screw off top and didn't really "pop" :)



Les Mis!
Although I can't cash in on it until October, Murph got us tickets to Les Miserables at the Civic Center, can you say pumped! 

State Fair
After sleeping in Murph and I hit up the State Fair Monday. His job is generous and give us free tix and $10 in food coupons or we probably wouldn't go, truth be told. But the weather was finally cool enough to enjoy a day outside so we roamed through a few buildings, got our fill of grinders, turkey & funnel cakes and left in 2 hours time. Now THAT's how you "do the fair"!

iPad Revival
After shattering the screen on the iPad shortly after our return from Jamaica, we finally took her in. This whole process was a mess but we have a brand new iPad now and I won't be throwing a jar of garlic at this one!

Starbucks and the Couch
We quick stopped at Starbucks after running a few other errands and it's much more of a treat for me now that I no longer have daily access to it and spent the rest of the day on the couch. We grilled, had delicious Peace Tree beers, celebrated with friends who stopped by and relaxed. It was a wonderful low key day spent with my favorite person on earth.

Peace Tree Brews

Classy ... party of one!

Des Moines market bag from S&J & Nic! On our new memo station

Of course WillyDog was there too, some people see a mutt, but I see the greatest naughty er I mean cuddly and lovable pup ever. He melts my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment