Monday, August 19, 2013

BACK AT IT

After a week's worth of visits to the chiropractor I was given the ok to hit the roads again. My neck ended up being a bigger pain that I would have imagined and I am still fighting a little soreness by the end of each day but overall I am in much better shape. Amen!

This week was a tough one as far as training goes. I managed to get two 2-milers and a three-miler in but the times were less than stellar. Total mileage for the week was 7. Overall it was pretty forgettable :) I am continually thankful for a very excitable pup though. I can't even hold socks in my hand without WD going berserk. Last Friday Murph took him on a 5-miler in the morning and I took him on a 3-miler in the evening and he was still full of spunk. It is an understatement to say he loves going on runs. He keep me moving too, so I'll be sad once I can't take him on my longer runs when I will need the motivation the most!

This week will be a big one. I did my first 4-miler yesterday and I have a week of 3.5's and 2's ahead. Hopefully my motivation will stay strong!

In other news Murph and I got a new mattress last week, which isn't really worth blogging about BUT that means I have 2 guest rooms with complete beds now. This meant we needed to do some shopping, and I have a new project or 2 at the house to keep me occupied! We spent Friday night at Target shopping for bedding, and I think I had Murph at his wits end. We already had some bedding but were trying to round out both rooms.

Our guest room now has a queen bed in it and we already had a gray striped duvet and pillows from WestElm soI added some fun printed sheets from Target. On the to-do list for the fall is to make a tufted headboard in a gray-blue like the one below. I've seen some insanely simple tutorials on-line, so fingers crossed it will be a easy, simple update! It also needs another pillow or two and a bed skirt.
Original duvet and pillows
New printed sheets
DIY Headboard
The office/2nd guest room/crap room/future Murphy baby room also got a start. Clearly this room plays several roles right now so my fall goal is do de-crap and mostly de-office the space. We put the full sized bed that was in the guest room in here and it already had some simple printed sheets on it. After much discussion and talking to myself I decided to forego a duvet or quilt and just added a thin blanket. Since we will eventually make this a nursery and plan on keeping the bed in there I didn't think dropping $100 on a blanket at this point was a good idea. So for now it will be loaded with neutral prints that can easily transition to a baby's room. We also added some a large soft white pillow and smaller white blanket too. Eventually I might try a rope headboard for in this room, or I might wait it out and upholster a fun print later. I also grabbed a neon wire side table for $17 that will be getting a coat of gold spray paint on the bottom and possibly a wooden top. Love me some gold lately!
To become gold
Original printed sheets
New blanket

Now that the main floor is done in terms of the hard work, I can begin accessorizing there too. Maybe I can finally get our wedding pictures printed?! 

1 comment:

  1. Remember we have that door in the garage that would be pretty cute white washed as a head board. M

    ReplyDelete