Thursday, July 25, 2013

FIND YOURSELF


"The best way to find yourself
is to lose yourself in the service of others."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran across that quote by Gandhi today and loved it. These past few months I have been in quite the rut, trying to listen to my heart in search of what way my path is curving. I am no good at hearing whispers so I will wait for a yell to tell mere where I am headed but in the mean time I am going to make it a point to serve more in my life.

I have found it's all too easy to get caught up in me, my life and how parts of it never to seem to fill up the way I think they should. Maybe it's time to focus on others for awhile and let me go.

There are two places I have thought about offering my time to and I honestly just never filled out the paper work so this week I am doing it, no excuses.

I also am going to begin 1/2 marathon training. I have a hate/hate relationship with running but for some reason I am really feeling called to it lately. Devoting my thoughts and time to some quiet running with my favorite training partner Willy will officially begin Monday with the 1/2 marathon race on October 20th. There is no speed goal , just the goal of finishing and devoting my heart to something that requires self discipline for the next 3 months. Oh the words self discipline, something I have never been too good at.

While I trained for Dam to Dam back in 2010 I found myself praying a lot on my runs and that is something I need to be doing more of lately too so hopefully I can get myself into some spiritual alignment and be happier in this moment

No comments:

Post a Comment