Monday, March 11, 2013

RENO WEEK 7

Week 7 at  Hawthorn Drive was a rough one, I won't lie. I was sick with a fever and terrible congestion and cough and finally passed it to Murph who suffered through 4 days of fever himself. Needless to say we didn't get much done :( 

We did manage to check off a little project though! Knobs and pulls on our cabinets! This was something I was really looking forward to as we had nothing on the cabinets and with them being white now I was eager to add some contrast and help keep dirty fingerprints at bay. Since I am an ORB freak we of course went with the bronze knobs and pulls too, and ended up with a basic pull after deciding it would be more convenient to be able to pull from both the top and bottom of the drawers rather than just the bottom with a bin pull. 

I am pretty sure this was an area I could have dropped a load of cash on (just head to over to Restoration Hardware and tell me you don't agree!) but ended up keeping it around the $80 mark for 21 knobs and 7 pulls. If the pulls weren't $4 each I would have loved pulls on everything but alas I was a sucker for saving $25 :) Here is what we went for from Home Depot, pretty simple but somewhat classic. I always try to focus on matching our purchases to the style of our home and in this case the cabinets. I love super sleek and modern cabinet hardware but in this case it just wouldn't make sense, so I opted to keep it simple. We love it already, such a simple and quick update especially since we spent the extra $10 on a cabinet hardware template making the job so much easier, seriously, I have no idea how we would have done it without the template.

Knobs for all of the doors
Pulls for all of the drawers

Super purchase! Templates for positioning of all types of hardware on cabinets, made the job almost too easy!

Hello hardware!

No comments:

Post a Comment