Thursday, September 27, 2012

ON YOUR LEFT!


Last night was a fun new adventure with some great friends and I can't wait to try it again! Murph, Jare, and I tagged along with our friends Kyle and Sarah for a bike ride to the Cumming Tap. Kyle and Sarah were amazing and hooked me and Murph up with bikes, lights, helmets, water bottles and showed us the ropes of their fairly regular Wednesday night ride. We began at 5:45 or so at Pal Joey's on 63rd, wound our way through Water Works Park and Willow Creek Golf Course before taking a quick beer break (where I took the picture above) at a covered picnic table just outside of Cumming. Then we hopped back on the bikes and headed to the Tap where we each grilled our own steak, had texas toast, baked potatoes & salad for just $10! We got our lights hooked onto our bikes and headed back to the city and I realized I was pretty cold, sore and a little tired but I plowed through and we made it back around 9:15. We put about 24 miles on the bikes and had a great time hanging out and meeting another rider Kyle and Sarah cruise with. We also got to hear all about Kyle's Ironman experience, and that made my 24 miles look like a warm up! Overall great time with great friends, I hope I can get a bike soon ;)

2 comments:

  1. what a fun time! agree on the soreness. can't believe we went 24 miles, quite the accomplishment if you ask me, even if it doesn't compare to kyle's Ironman. hopefully we can all build up our biking gear over time and enjoy more rides.

    ReplyDelete