Monday, January 6, 2014

QUICK UPGRADE

Two new lights went in this weekend at Hawthorn Drive as well as a new ceiling fan. One ceiling fan to go, one closet light fixture and possibly another new fixture in the laundry room (not loving the $15 fix we did in there) and we will be calling it a wrap in the lighting department! I can't believe we've got them almost all changed out! We went from a pair of mismatched brushed nickel fixtures to some ORB beauties that match the other fixtures in the house. Do you know how hard it is to find a flush-mounted ceiling fixture that does not look like a boob light? I'll tell you nearly impossible. Thankfully after some hard work I found two non-offensive fixtures at Lowe's for only $49 a pop, that's a steal in my book!

These old guys made my eyes bleed
Much better .... now about the oak EVERYWHERE!

We are also almost done with the great outlet / switchplate change out with only our bedroom to go and a switch in the laundry as well. For me it's the little things like fresh white switches and covers that make me breathe easier when remodeling this 90's gem we live in. 

What else is on tap in the reno department this year? We've been talking about painting our 2nd guest room and our bedroom, then every room and ceiling will have a fresh coat on it. I've also got plans to get some furniture repainted and some photos up on our walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment