Monday, September 16, 2013

LATELY

All has been quiet at Hawthorn Drive lately, and that's how I like it :) We are soaking up the cooler weather by enjoying easier runs, a trip to Ledges and plenty of college football. This past Sunday I took Willy for his last "long" run with me. 7 miles that pup went, without breaking stride. I will be sad to tackle my first long run alone this Sunday, it's so nice to have his little booty wagging in front of me and the occasional look back saying, "are you coming or what!?". We finished the 7 mile with a 9:34 pace which I was pretty happy with considering I usually hang around the 10:00 / mile mark. I also ran a 5k race about 2 weeks ago and finished in 27:10 which was about 8:44 / mile, that was a PR for sure and I was happy with the time.

Our 1/2 marathon is about 5 weeks out and I am getting a bit anxious. The 7 miles this weekend was pretty tough on me, no feeling so confident I can almost double it yet ....

No comments:

Post a Comment