Thursday, May 16, 2013

ADOPT!

When I was young we had a Shih Tzu, I named him Murphy, how funny is that?! He was a punk that bit me twice in the face, and "went to a farm north of town" when he got my sister ... and yes I am bitter that I got two bites and she got one! After that the Bauman's never had another pet. Then two years ago after dating for a few months I got a text from Murph with this picture in it.
Hi. Please love me!
Chief was a pup at the ARL and I was smitten. I had wanted a dog for years but the timing was never right. I saw those big goofy eyes and we had to visit! After our visit to the ARL, we knew he had to be ours (ok, Murph's, I was just the girlfriend). Murph got him the next day and we started the crazy ride of dog life, and changed his name to Willy. He was a holy terror. He bit, he barked, he was naughty, he brought us to tears more than once. But we stuck it out and did some training with him. Slowly but surely he changed, we saw he really was smart.

What a furry mess he was when we got him
Crazy dog

He was there when Murph asked me to marry him, and I was so happy to hear that were were officially going to be a family :) Soon after we celebrated having him a year. His "crazy ears" had finally laid down and he was now the happiest pup around.

Engaged. Finally going to be a family!
So dapper on the celebration of his first year with us!
Willy is a dog, this I know. But he is part of our family, and I love him like mad. He never fails to greet me at the door jumping like crazy, he's a great running partner and the best cuddler ever. He lays in my lap when I cry and makes us laugh daily. My dad is nuts about him which makes me smile, even though he feeds him whatever he pleases when we visit them. Willy is a keeper for sure. I am so glad we rescued this mutt 2 years ago, he's the best and will always be the start of our family. Happy WillyDog day! Adopt!

First family Christmas card as the Murphy's

Our General Contractor
Love!
One smart pup :)
I can't lie I melt when he is sleepy on my chest 

No comments:

Post a Comment