Monday, April 29, 2013

STAYCATION

Last week Murph and I took 3 days off and had ourselves a little staycation. I originally had hoped we would be somewhere warm and tropical this Spring but it was a no go and fingers are crossed for the fall now. We were super productive and I am really happy about the projects we were able to complete!

WEDNESDAY
  • Took Willy to the groomer for his first haircut. Ugh, disaster. He was butchered and came back super stressed. We won't be doing that again.
  • Ran to Lowe's and Menards for some yard items.
  • Got our first estimate on a new roof and some exterior repairs for the summer.
  • Finished up the rest of the yard work.
  • Finished the base and put together the sink for instillation downstairs finally!
  • Dinner with S&J and Nic!
THURSDAY
  • Visit from the plumber to install our sink in the powder room downstairs, it works, and I am loving it!
  • Visit from the electrician to fix the wiring to our ceiling fan. He also pointed out our basement wiring is a mess and fixed a couple other minor issues we had going on.
  • Visit from Murph's dad, who generously took all of our yard waste home with him to burn, Thanks Denny!!!
  • Got our 2nd estimate on the roof and exterior work.
  • Trip to the vet with Willy, as if he wasn't strung our enough already.
FRIDAY
  • Murph headed off to the Drake Relays and I had the day at home with the pup. 
  • I decided to surprise Murph with an overhaul to the shop in our basement and spent the afternoon getting some storage supplies, unpacking the new mitre saw, moving storage we already had, utilizing the peg board for tool storage, and just getting the space usable in general. Photos to come.
SATURDAY
  • Murph went to the Relays again and I hit the gym, Junk Jubilee and lunch with Nic.
  • I bartended an event at Hoyt Sherman that evening
SUNDAY
  • Church, breakfast and groceries were done by 10:30a
  • We attacked the garage together. We emptied the entire space swept and hosed it out. Got rid of anything we weren't using and organized what we had left. I took down some shelves that were in bad spots and useless and we installed a new shelving system to house our shoes, Willy's leash and some cleaning supplies freeing up TONS of space in our coat closet and making our shoes easily organized too, why are shoes a mess at everyone's house?! The awesome part about the shelving is that it was left by the previous owners and I discovered it while cleaning out the shop so all we had to purchase were the support pieces. 
  • Staycation wrapped up with watching Marley and Me. I had DVR'd it knowing it would be sad but I bawled. I mean cried my little heart out at the end of it. What a silly way to end our week, but I did make sure to snuggle the pup a little extra last night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment