Tuesday, June 26, 2012

RUN TWO AND NEW SHOES

Well I can say we've been on two runs now and the 2nd went much better than the first. I told Murph to take us up to his pace, which he laughed at but we ran that fast for all of a few seconds then I settled into a slower pace. What I was aiming for was to get my body moving faster, I never seem to be able to consistently run faster than 10:00 min/miles, and it worked! We finished the same 2 mile loop we did last week in 18:51 taking my pace to 9:25 min/miles. I won't call it progress since it happened one time but knowing I can move faster is nice to see. Not to mention being thoroughly out of breath at the end of our run proved I worked a little harder this time

I do think that my new kicks probably aided in my speed, or at least they should have for the price! I had been getting some pain in my knees and ankles and decided new shoes were in order so I will be putting my next 500 miles on these. The Asics Gel Nimbus 14. And yes that is the color I got them in :) I hit up Fitness Sports with Murph and after a few jogs through their hall decided that I would try Asics out again. They are squishly, lightweight, and yes, super hot pink. The backs gave me some blisters already but I hope to have them broken in soon and think they will be a great shoe for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment