Thursday, October 31, 2013

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON

This week we got a call from our siding guy letting us know the product we wanted for the exterior of the house was going to go up in price. After some discussion we decided to go in and get a contract signed to have the work done next spring / summer to lock in our price. We picked out the stone, siding, shakes and roofing and modified the original design I posted awhile back. Let me just say I am getting so stinking excited!


What do you think?! I initially wanted to wrap the posts in stone, but after seeing the cost we decided to just go up the front of the house the entire way across. We landed on a black roof too, which makes me happy, especially since the exterior guy said it will wear the best. I also added in some black barn lights, and other goodies to our porch area. Murph got me some great planters I can't wait to stick out by the front door next spring and I am thinking a little red bench would be perfect out there too. I also got the go-ahead to get rid of the octagon window HOOOOORAAAAYYYY! so I made sure to mock in all new double hung windows since those will be coming in another year or so too. Changes are coming and I am going LOVE pulling up to this beauty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment