Monday, February 11, 2013

BACON FEST

Partially in honor of Stacy's 29th birthday, and partially because we all love bacon, a group of 10 of us hit up the hot ticket event, the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival this past Saturday. Held in the varied industry building at the state fair grounds, we joined 8,000 of our closest friends for some bacon indulgence. It was quite the experience and besides a frew brews and several bacon strip samples, here is a list of what I can remember eating.

Bacon Explosion - BBQ Addicts 
I don't even know how to describe it, click here for delicious details!

Maple, Bacon, Bourbon & Pecan Ice Cream - Exile Brewing
I would eat this Ice Cream on a regular non-bacon day it was that good. We also tried one of their beer floats ... that I would never eat again

Bacon Pad Thai - Cafe Fuzion 
I would order this off the menu, super good and a big portion size

Bacon Brownie - Carefree Patisserie
I really wanted a cupcake, but they were sold out by the time I went there so I settled for a brownie. Not much bacon flavor, but it was chocolate so I was happy.

Man Candy and Bacon Potato Chips - Trostel's
The Man Candy was brown sugar candied bacon and then chips. The Man Candy was delish and the chips were just chips. I sampled this from one of our friends.

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon Pizza - Gusto Pizza
Murph and a few others had a piece of this and I wish I would have too! Mozzarella, caramelized onions and 6 types of bacon topped off this pizza.

Caramel Bacon Bar - Chocolaterie Stam
A chocolate bar filled with caramel and bacon. 3 of these went to Murph as he loves caramel, however in a non-bacon activity filled weekend, he may not have eaten these :)

Fried Pork Belly - Dos Rios
This was a little fatty for my taste, but the meaty side of the dish was delish!





1 comment:

  1. Good times at Bacon Fest! Super happy we discovered the best deal around -- $4 peace tree. :-)

    ReplyDelete